Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Big Push

I think that was the name of one of the campaigns in WWII. History buff, you know. This was my big push, the last full weekend before the end of NaNoWriMo for me. Not that weekends are over, just for November. I wanted to finish the novel I was writing this weekend.
Not even close.
I did good. I think I wrote more words this weekend than ever, and I think it's going to be a long hard edit when I'm done. One of the things that makes it more difficult is the letter A. Like on sesame street. The episode this week is brought to you by the letter A.
My A is broken. The key is loose and I usually have to go back and add more A's after each paragraph, like I'm doing now. It takes time. Little things like that eat time away as fast as anything else. How many A's in that sentence. Can I substitute something else? Hows this. @s I look b@ck on the weekend, I re@alize that I w@s missing something.
No? There's a little A in the center. Not gonna work, huh. Sigh. I asked Santa for a new computer. My poor antique laptop has lasted a long time but I think it's on it's last legs.
Part of that is my fault. Millions of words and who knows how many letters or how many of those letters were A's. Eight novels, one novella, and several starts, outlines and partially finished books all in the memory of this machine, with a full backup on my external hard drive and a few thumb drives. Finished items are burned to disc.
That's a lot of words. That doesn't count the many hours I wrote total drivel while I was practicing my word smithing.
I still need to finish the first draft of the book.
Six days left.
My little laptop is gonna get very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment